Bloys Campmeeting was established in 1890 and meets each August for worship and fellowship on the outskirts of Fort Davis. Founded by Presbyterian minister Rev. W.B. Bloys, he originally preached there from an Arbuckle coffee crate pulpit.
At the very first Campmeeting in 1890, 48 people from remote area ranches and towns slept in tents and wagons on the premises. Those wagons were eventually replaced with metal camp houses that are maintained year round in preparation for the five days of summer worship.
In 1902, Bloys Campmeeting Association was incorporated by the Baptist, Disciples of Christ, Methodist, and Presbyterian families who gathered to worship together. From the first meeting of 48 people, Campmeeting has grown, and today regularly welcomes 2,500 worshipers of all denominations.